Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tristan's 3rd birthday

And my 3rd anniversary as a Mama. Incredible. It's 12:43pm, and at this time 3 years ago, I was pushing. Till about 2pm. C-section by 4. He arrived at 4:44pm. I always liked that he was born at that time. Easy to remember :)
It is incredible how the memories of the pain(ish) and the exhaustion are completely gone, but the event itself is as clear as it was yesterday. I still remember most, if not all of the details.
And so much has happened in 3 years. I had no idea life would spin and twist THIS fast. Because really, 3 years is not that long for everything that has happened.
And I still, every day, stare in marvel at Tristan. He is fascinating.
I am so lucky. Regardless of all the garbage that goes on around me, he really is what keeps me centered, because I just need to look at him, and everything comes into focus.
I have a wonderful child, he is healthy, strong, so smart, and most importantly, so incredibly loving, that makes it really, really easy to be a mom. Even when it's hard as I now have two roles to play.
Happy birthday Tristan... xoxoxo.

1 comment:

  1. I am the luckiest abba in the whole entire world.
    love
    abba

    ReplyDelete